Friday, August 22, 2008

Visiting some of my money


On my first day back, I took Kara to see Jill at College. Jill moved into her dorm about a week early because she volunteered to work with incoming Freshmen. It happened while I was gone, so I missed the move-in, but since Kara starts school after Labor Day, she wanted to get out of the house and go spend the night with Jill.

Jill's apartment is huge! It's on campus, but it's one of the biggest places I've seen. Bigger than the dorm rooms I stayed in in College, and at least twice the size of the Commander's quarters I was living in over in the desert.

It's two bedrooms for three people, so two people share a HUGE bedroom, and the third person gets a nice size single. There's a nice size kitchen, a very large open dining/sitting area, and a single bath... the only drawback with three girls. Three guys - no problem... three girls - Ugh!

The view is tremendous too. it overlooks the main campus, including the Cathedral of Learning and Heinz Chapel. The weather was beautiful the afternoon we were there, so you could see almost all of Oakland. Just gorgeous!

Dinner was Chinese from the House of Chen, one of our favorites. It was really fun to see Jill in her independent element. She really seems to be liking her college experience this year!

1 comment:

Kj said...

try one bathroom with 6 girls