Monday, April 11, 2022

My favorite books

I typically have favorite authors vs. favorite books. However, there are some great books I’ve read that really stick with me.


Pretty much anything by Agatha Christie. She got me hooked on reading.

Once an Eagle, by Anton Myrer

Patrick O’Brian’s Aubrey & Maturin Series, (Master & Commander)

Outlander and follow-ons, Diana Gabladon

Hunt for Red October, and all the others by Tom Clancy

Six Days of the Condor, by James Grady

Undaunted Courage, by Stephen Ambrose

The Making of the Atomic Bomb, by Richard Rhoades

Band of Brothers, Stephen Ambrose

Fate is the Hunter, by Earnest K. Gann

An Army at Dawn, by Rick Atkinson

The Killer Angels, by Michael Shaara

A Walk in the Woods, by Bill Bryson

The Prince of Tides, Beach Music, South of Broad, The Great Santini, by Pat Conroy

Snow Falling on Cedars, by David Guterson

The Chief Inspector Armand Gamaché series, by Louise Penny

Anything by Issac Asimov: Start with the Robot series (37 short stories and six books. Google which order to read them) and finish with the Foundation series.

To Kill a Mockingbird, by Harper Lee

Catch-22, by Joseph Heller. (I first read it when I was about 11 or 12. I thought it was amazing.) I wrote my final English paper on it in college. 37 years in the Air Force - the guy was spot on!

No comments: