Friday, March 29, 2019

FW: Thanks for 29 great years!

From: BRANBY, BRYAN M GS-12 USAF AFRC 911 AW/PIO
Sent: Friday, March 29, 2019 4:27 PM
Subject: Thanks for 29 great years!

As the book has closes on my 36+ year Air Force career, I wanted to thank each and every member of the 911th Airlift Wing, past and present, for a great 29 years here at Pittsburgh.

I arrived on station 2 May, 1990, fresh off Active Duty, with no idea what the Air Force Reserves were all about, but eager to learn. Over the past three decades we have accomplished a many great things: delivered relief supplies to hurricane ravaged parts of our nation and the war-torn countries of Bosnia and Kosovo. We sat alert for Nobel Eagle immediately after 9/11 and then sent an untold number of crews, medical personnel, planes and personnel to every part of Southwest Asia supporting 18 years of the Global War on Terror. We supported operations in Central and South America as part of Coronet Oak out of Panama and Puerto Rico. We put on Airshows, static displays, and flew thousands of local training sorties throughout Western PA and Eastern OH, spreading the amazing sounds of the four fans of freedom.

I personally have flown over 7,200 hours on Pittsburgh aircraft, in every weather condition possible, either by intent or mistake, and always come home safely. There is no one I trust more than the amazing maintenance team here at the 911th MXG to give me an airplane that gets the mission done. I know they will do the same with the C-17.

The support functions on this installation are second to none. You have made serving both full- and part-time easy and rewarding.

It’s been an amazing experience, and I can’t imagine doing it anywhere but here in Pittsburgh. No one does it better. Thanks for all your professionalism and support over the past three decades. This Wing continues to be the class of Air Force Reserve Command, and everyone should be proud of their part in making the 911th AW the Best of the Best.

On a personal level, we are the sum of the people we meet, greet, and love along the way. By that measure I have been able to work with a truly amazing group of citizen patriots. Thank you for your help and support over the years, and I look forward to working with you in the future as a civilian to push the C-17 mission into full-blown reality.

I wish you all the best, and if there is anything I can do for you, please give me a call.

Bryan

No comments: